Free College Meals will be paid to all students who are 16-18 years old whose parents are on a means tested benefit and to all 19-24 year olds who are subject to an Education Health and Care Plan (EHC Plan).
ESF Students aged between 16 and 18 are also entitled to a free meal while attending their provision if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Students who are in care or care leavers are not eligible.
LSF Application Form
Getting Started – Application
In order to receive Free College Meals support whilst studying at Barnet and Southgate College you need to:
- Complete a Learner Support Fund application and bank details form - see above.
- Take your completed application form, supporting documents and bank statement to the Admissions Advisors in Customer Services located by the reception area at each campus; they will check eligibility, all documents and give you a receipt.
- This must be done before the deadline date shown on the application form.
- You will receive by post or email a letter to confirm if you have been successful in your application.
- The amount of the award will be detailed in your confirmation letter.
- The award will be paid directly onto the student’s ID card or by a luncheon voucher if studying off site.
- Payments will depend on attendance of at least 80%. Where attendance is unsatisfactory, payments will be either withheld or reclaimed.
- The College reserves the right to reclaim monies paid to students where information given on the application form is found to be false.
- The College reserves the right to reclaim monies paid to students where the student has withdrawn before the end of the course.